googleads

Monday 31 August 2009

Marmalade, Butterflies & Cloche Hats

171-7189_IMG

Howdy Everyone,

Well here we are at the beginning of a new week. I hope you all had a relaxing and creative weekend. I have an overriding sense of busy, busy, business today. Does this mean I didn’t have a nice weekend or merely I didn’t have enough time to ‘create’ ? I’m not sure right now but hope to have it figured out by the end of the day.

Most of the weekend seemed to be taken up with the normal domesticity. Washing, cooking and cleaning. I did manage to make marmalade and need to write the recipe up today, I will put it on the blog as soon as I can. I have been vigorously planning and imagining new projects to tackle. My head is buzzing with a plethora of ideas and projects perhaps that‘s why I feel rushed and busy today.

171-7192_IMG

I‘m dreaming about new fabrics, dyeing projects, more rag rug designs. I’m imagining some batik coming up, along with new designs and patterns to be attempted and then documented.

I’ve been working on hats this weekend - hence the mention of a cloche in the title. A crochet cloche hat that it not the stuff used in the garden. I’ve also been thinking about the, all too soon upon us, Christmas party season and have a clear idea of a new design for a crochet wrap, bolero, shrug type garment. I need a sparkly , silky or glitzy yarn for this and so it will need to go on the back boiler for a few days.

172-7204_IMG

Here’s my current crocheted cloche in progress.

I’m also hoping to get a pattern written this week for crocheted butterflies. I made one on Friday but didn’t write it up, naughty me.

172-7202_IMG

I’m also wanting to attempt to design some crocheted socks so watch this space for my first attempt. I also need to catch up and post more photographs on Flickr. I really need to start listing items for sale in my Folksy shop but it always seems to be a case of MaƱana, naughty, naughty me. As you can see from my various buttons I’ve recently joined Ukhandmade which is a site worth exploring. I also stumbled across and joined fortheloveofcrochetalong, again a great international site for crochet junkies everywhere. I will be contributing to this site in the very near future, it’s on the TO DO list………………….. Need I say more ?

http://www.fortheloveofcrochetalong.blogspot.com/

My blog has been really busy over the weekend as I’ve published free patterns on http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/ and http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/. I have book marked quite a few sites that I need to go back to and see what’s out there. I found a really good site - craft fail which is impressive in it’s honesty, authenticity and most importantly it’s humour. See here http://craftfail.com/

171-7199_IMG

I have also had an email from the editor of http://www.allfreecrafts.com/ and they are going to publish one of my patterns on their website which is great.

I also need to come up with a pattern for a crocheted snowflake by Friday this week. Given that I don’t seem to have much on at the moment I’d better sign off in a most leisurely manner and bid you all farewell.

Have a great and productive day.

No comments: