Wednesday, 9 December 2015
Monday, 7 December 2015
Here are 100 granny squares all complete and laid out ready to be crocheted together in a yarn colour of your choice. This blanket afghan would make an ideal and unusual gift, the recipient gets to choose the overall colour of the blanket.
Colour ideas; black, white, ivory, green, purple, blue, red, sage, royal, navy, orange, brown, yellow, hot pink, candy pink.
Order it now in my etsy store.
Saturday, 5 December 2015
Friday, 4 December 2015
My new Pink Fusion Granny Square blanket, completed as a custom order this week. Now available to order in my etsy store.
Tuesday, 1 December 2015
Sunday, 29 November 2015
Hot off the hook. I’ve just finished this blanket although it needs one final row of border to complete, I thought I would share some photos.
This blanket is available to order in my etsy store here. I’m also offering a 15% discount on all blankets this weekend use code: crochetblankets2015 at checkout.
Friday, 27 November 2015
Saturday, 21 November 2015
Monday, 16 November 2015
Picasso's Blue Period
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Blue Period (Spanish: Período Azul) is a term used to define the works produced by Spanish painter Pablo Picasso between 1901 and 1904 when he painted essentially monochromatic paintings in shades of blue and blue-green, only occasionally warmed by other colors. These somber works, inspired by Spain and painted in Barcelona and Paris, are now some of his most popular works, although he had difficulty selling them at the time.
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
Tuesday, 10 November 2015
Sunday, 8 November 2015
How To Do Corner Start Diagonal Crochet
This method of crocheting is done diagonally, corner to corner.
Time Required: 20 minutes to learn technique
- Row 1: Chain 5, turn, 3 double crochet in the 5th chain from the hook (beginning block made).
- Row 2: Chain 5, turn, 3 double crochet in the 4th chain from the hook (block made), slip stitch around post of beginning chain of previous block, chain 3, 3 double crochet in the same space where slip stitch was made (around post of chain). This row now has 2 blocks.
- Row 3: Chain 5, turn, 3 double crochet in 4th chain from hook (block made), slip stitch around chain-3 post of first block, chain 3, 3 double crochet in same space * slip stitch around chain-3 post of next block, chain 3, 3 double crochet in same space *.
- Remaining Rows: Work as in row 3, repeating between stars (*) as many times as needed across row. There will be one additional block at the end of each row. When desired width is reached, see step 5 (Decrease Row).
- Decrease Row: When desired width is reached, begin decreasing, as follows: Slip stitch in each of first 3 double crochet and in first chain-3 space, chain 3, 3 double crochet in same space, * slip stitch around chain-3 post of next block, chain 3, 3 double crochet in same space * , repeat between stars (*) across row, end with slip stitch around chain-3 post of last block.
- Repeat Decrease Row until only one block remains.
- You can make an afghan in diagonal crochet by making one large square of the size desired or, for take-along work, you can make smaller squares (perhaps in varied colors) to join together when finished.
- Where above directions say "slip stitch around chain-3 post", an alternate way of giving these directions would be "slip stitch in chain-3 space".