googleads

Thursday 27 August 2009

Healing Prayer Shawl – Crochet Pattern

This is my own version of a Healing Prayer Shawl. I made this shawl a couple of weeks ago for someone who I thought may need the comfort of a shawl, post surgery. The shawl was gratefully accepted and has proved it’s worth already. Unfortunately I forgot to photograph my first shawl and so here it is, I’ve made it again.




Healing Payer Shawl Pattern
Materials: Here I used 500gm of loop yarn. The equivalent to (DK) UK or worsted weight US
Crochet Hook 10mm or US N/15
loopyarn
Measurements:
Length: 55” - 140cm approx.
Width: 50” – 127cm approx
Pattern
Note: This pattern is US if making in the UK please substitute tr for dc
Please work all dc's under the previous row not into the ch apart from at each end.
1. Chain 5
171-7115_IMG
2. Row 1 - dc into 1st chain to form bottom point.
171-7120_IMG
3. Row 2 - *ch 4 (to count as first dc + 1 ch) 1 dc under previous row, ch1, 1dc under previous row, ch1, 1 dc into final ch from previous row, turn*.
171-7121_IMG
4. Row 3 – Repeat row 2 ** Increasing by 1 st each row.
171-7126_IMG
4 Rows completed.
171-7127_IMG
6 Rows completed.
Continue until desired length and width is achieved. Here I worked 50 rows.
171-7153_IMG
This pattern is offered and made available for personal use only. If you wish to reproduce this in any way please contact me or make sure that reference is made to the original author’s blog http://www.goodtimesithinkso.blogspot.com/ Thank you
Find my Handmade Silver Crochet or Knitting Stitch Markers here
Crochet http://goodtimesithinkso.blogspot.com/2009/09/crochet-stitch-markers.html Knitting http://goodtimesithinkso.blogspot.com/2009/09/knitting-stitch-markers.html

15 comments:

Katy Ravensong said...

I love it! Thank you so much! I'm adding it to my stash.

Hugs,
Katybug

The Sunroom said...

Katybug,

Thank you so much and I hope you find the time to make your own.

Best wishes

Anonymous said...

Sorry, no matter how much I try, I cannot figure out this directions as written. If I do as written I get a bunch of shells, so could you please let me know what I am doing wrong, where do all the dc's go? As written they all go into one ch and then I get shells.
Thanks for any help,
Gloria

Anonymous said...

I have tried to do this 15 times today, and it Never looks like the picture, I guess I need more accurate instructions.

The Sunroom said...

Gloria,
Sorry for any frustrating confusion. I have gone back and followed my own instructions and realise they were not as crystal clear as they should have been. I have now amended the pattern and hopefully clarified any probles you may have had.

I am also posting the following link for anyone who may find it useful.

http://vimeo.com/5089900

Thank you Gloria for pointing this out and I hope you can now get on with your shawl.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, got it now,
Gloria

Anonymous said...

not sure my comment went thru, and I wanted to say thank you so much, I got it now!
Gloria

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern. My aunt taught me the basic of crocheting when I was a little girl but I never really worked any patterns until this summer. Thank you for such a simple pattern that is fun and easy to follow.

Jamie Larson said...

I love this pattern. I am a crafter, mostly into jewelry right now, but I was wondering about using these for donations. I wanted to see if I could get in contact with you about using them. Please reply to gemjam@live.com thank you!
Jamie

Klee said...

Thank you for the "Healing Prayer Shawl" pattern. I look forward to making it for a Christmas gift. A friend showed me how to do something similar to this about 30 years ago but we didn't have the written instructions. She has since passed away. I've looked for years for the written patten and TODAY I found it.

Merry Christmas,
Kathy

handmade silver jewelry said...

It is stylish and fashionable in look.
Hope to see more stylish and fashionable jewelry of your collection.

Laura said...

LOL! And here I am again!
I have a *very* basic knowledge of crochet so perhaps this one would be a good start for me too!

((Hugs))
Laura

marcasite rings said...

Pictures equal to thousand words ... really worth to spend time here thanks

white cubic zirconia said...

i like the background of your blog ... nice photo

VIM Peru said...

Just wanted to say I have made about 25 of these to give away and love this pattern. Many of which we took to Peru this year.