googleads

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Double V-Stitch Crochet Pattern

 

IMG_1937

I recently decided to make a double V-stitch blanket, but when I looked for patterns or instructions I found that everything out there resulted in a ruffled un-flattened piece of work. So I experimented a little and came up with a pattern that results in a nice flat piece of work.

IMG_1936

Pattern.

Working with chosen yarn and appropriate hook ch a multiple of 6 +1.

For example 60+1

Row 1: Now turning work a row of sc all across the chain. This foundation row is optional but I think makes the work neater.

Row 2: Ch 3 to count as first dc, sk 3 sts, *work 2 dc, ch 2, work 2 dc into same st, sk 5sts*, ** repeat to final 3 sts and work a dc in final st.

Row 3: Ch 3,  *work 2 dc, ch 2, work 2 dc into previous V stitch sp*, repeat to final 3 sts and work a dc in final st.

Row 4: Repeat row 3 until desired length is reached.

No comments: