googleads

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Man’s Easy Striped Scarf - Crochet




This pattern is really very simple for a basic stripey scarf. The choice of colours can be changed to make it into a feminine girly scarf, but I find men’s patterns are very under represented.



 
Materials: 5.5mm hook, 150g various colours of DK yarn. I used 7 different colours -Brown, Mustard, Rust, Royal Blue, Pale Blue, Jade, brown/grey mix.
Measurements: 9” x 52” approx
Skill Level: easy
Pattern:
Chain 150
Work 31 rows changing colour for every row. All rows ch 1 and work sc into all sts to end, turn, change colour and repeat.

This pattern is offered and made available for personal use only. If you wish to reproduce this in any way please contact me or make sure that reference is made to the original author’s blog http://www.thesunroomuk.blogspot.com/ Thank you
Crochet Conversion Chart US/UK
International Yarn Weight Conversion Chart
I hope you enjoy using this pattern and if you are looking for other free patterns please visit Crochet Pattern Central
For other exclusive patterns and my handmade creations please click here.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Cooooool... I'm always looking for ideas that are more...well, "Manly"... We always seem to forget about them....

glor said...

Oh this is nice! Love all the colors.

Anonymous said...

I really like this -- while it is manly it is also something I would wear with my navy blue pea coat and blue jeans.

The Sunroom said...

Ladies,
Thank you all for your lovely comments as ever. Beverooni I agree I would wear it too. I'm surrounded by men and boys, even the cat is male :-), but still notice they are grossly under represented where it comes to patterns that they would actually wear.
Take Care :-)

Eight by Six said...

Great timing. I've just taught myselt to crochet and now I can use your pattern to start me off. I think I will just use one colour, less complicated for me! Thank you.

Unique2wh0 said...

Very nice!

Cindy said...

Absolutely beautiful scarf. Thank you for sharing it with us. I would wear it too! LOL

Zu said...

Gorgeous scarf! I love the colors. :-)

Anonymous said...

very nice and a great way to use up left over yarn! == Kari

*~Jerri~* said...

Love it...I am going to adapt this pattern to make scarves for The Special Olympics in red and navy. I'll let you know if I post anything about it and I WILL be sure to attach the link to this page for any others who would like the pattern :D Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

BeautyColors said...

Hi, Im new to crochet..

May i know for every row in this pattern, have to chain one then every SC across the stiches or has to do both chain one and sc across the stiches?

Thanks :)

LeAnne said...

It's both chain one and single crochet across the stitches. The chain one is to make sure that you don't miss a stitch. It's very helpful, so don't skip it.

women of many hats said...

Hi, I love the pattern, it is a great stash buster! I am going to make several of them and hang them all over campus, marked for free! Please let me know if you think this is ok

Lori said...

I agree with the wonderful way the colors came together. Bonus would be a stash buster ! Easy enought to get several done for Christmas gifts in the three evenings left! Thanks for posting it.