googleads

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Crochet Conscupiscience - 4 Ways Crochet Helped Me Through Depression.

Post image for 4 Ways Crochet Helped Me Through Depression

Visit Crochet Concupiscience by clicking here.

In an interview awhile back with Sylvia Browder I was able to answer the question about how crochet helped me through depression in a short form that I hope people will understand even if they don’t crochet.

Here’s what I said:

“I experienced many benefits from the craft including:

  • The repetition of it releases serotonin, which is a natural anti-depressant.
  • The craft is calming so it reduces the anxiety associated with depression. My anxiety was terrible so this was really helpful for me.
  • Creating beautiful things by hand and developing new skill helps build self-esteem, something frequently lost in depression.
  • Crafting for others helps you feel productive even if depression makes it hard to get out of bed some days. I hate feeling unproductive so it was wonderful for me to feel like I was doing something again!

Many of the benefits of the craft can be found through other crafts, too, including writing!”

You can learn more about the book if you read my whole interview with awesome businesswoman Sylvia Browder or get the full story about how Crochet Saved My Life by purchasing the book 4 Ways Crochet Helped Me Through Depression.

No comments: