Thursday, 1 September 2011
Volunteer for the next phase of Craft Club
Craft Club is a national scheme to teach children yarn skills in fun and lively community settings using the help of volunteers. If you can knit or crochet and want to learn how to pass on these skills, come and join us at one of the free Craft Club volunteer training days taking place across the UK from September.
After a successful first year with over 350 active clubs in schools Craft Club is expanding in to community settings including museums, cinemas and libraries. It will work on the same premise with volunteers passing on their skills to others in a fun and lively environment – in this case to parents as well as children.
There are seven confirmed training days across the UK. More will be announced soon on the Craft Club website.
If you can't commit to a whole day, you can find out more about Craft Club with our short talks at the Knitting & Stitching Show, Alexandra Palace, 6 - 9 October. Book your free place at one of these talks here.
All the training days are free and signing up is easy. Simply click on the link for the training event you are interested in and book!
- The Customs House, South Shields, 20 September 2011.
- Millennium Gallery, Sheffield, 29 September 2011.
- The New Art Gallery, Walsall, 7 October 2011.
- National Wool Museum, Carmarthenshire, 14 October 2011.
- Turner Contemporary, Margate, 19 October 2011.
- National Museum, Cardiff, 3 November 2011.
- V&A Museum of Childhood, London, 16 November 2011.