googleads

Friday 16 April 2010

Ethical Mirasol Blanket Project

188-8803_IMG
Look at the absolutely exquisite colours in this embryonic blanket project. I think I could be in heaven and given this wool comes from such an ethical project makes me feel good too. I don’t want to lecture anyone about social responsibility and ethical consumerism as I think this yarn could make the argument for me. I have just received a variety of skiens of Mirasol Hacho and I’ve decided to be very selfish and make myself a huge blanket, throw, afghan.
188-8805_IMG
Here are some sneak preview shots of what I hope will become a magnificent piece of work when finally complete. I am also very lucky to have found what has become my favourite online yarn store. To visit the store pleas click here Aileen's Wool Shop. Those of you who know my name please don’t be confused this is not my shop but it is an incredible place to source a variety of ethical yarns such as Mirasol. The really competitively priced yarns include Artesano, Louise Harding, Debbie Bliss, Noro, Araucania, Colinette and Rowan. The shop also has all manner of knitting and crochet accessories.
I would highly recommend a visit to this store if you love quality yarns but don’t wish to pay top dollar. Aileen is a lovely lady and provides exceptional customer service, give it a try you’ll be delighted.
Aileen's Wool Shop
188-8801_IMG
I am writing up my pattern as I go and will publish it once completed. I will update regularly with progress photos. It’s so very exciting to work with such ethical and sublime yarn. For information on the Mirasol project click here.
187-8795_IMG
187-8796_IMG
187-8794_IMG
187-8797_IMG
187-8798_IMG

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

Lovely colors and a great looking blanket. I'm sure you'll enjoy this for years to come.

Nice work! Have a wonderful day :-)